Listening Stats of 2022
01 Dec, 2022
Being too cool for streaming, I instead pay for music via Bandcamp, CD’s, vinyl, secondhand media and iTunes (when I’m desperate).
My primary listening is done via Plex along with their awesome Plexamp app. Plex is tied to Last.fm and recently I’ve added a secondary Tautulli Docker container to my Synology to see how its stats will compare.
I’m surprised Last.fm doesn’t offer some fancy “year in review” (I don’t pay for the extra stuff but nothing has been dangled in front of me to do so) as listening data is their whole business model. The best I could do was set a filter to “the last 365 days” from today.
Top Ten Artists
- Susumu Yokota
- Section 25
- The Durutti Column
- A Certain Ratio
- Charlotte De Witte
Top Ten Albums
- Factory Records: Communications (Various Artists)
- Drift Series 1 by Underworld
- Artificial Intelligence II (Various Artists)
- Kankyō Ongaku: Japanese Ambient, Environmental & New Age Music 1980-1990 (Various Artists)
- Always Now by Section 25
- Sound of Sky by Susumu Yokota
- Skinty Fia by Fontaines D.C.
- Senescence by Korea Undok Group
- Grinning Cat by Susumu Yokota
- Funky Stuff by Soul Media
Top Five Songs
This is a bit funny / embarrassing, as some are mutually enjoyed, the majority are the most requested songs by my daughter when she’s wanting to have a dance party. I believe I once played Korn in a sort of guilty pleasure way while working and she really connected to it for whatever reasons.
- “Dicke Titten” by Rammmstein (mutual)
- “Just A Girl” by No Doubt (Darcy)
- “My Name Is Mud” by Primus (mutual)
- “Falling Away From Me” by Korn (Darcy)
- “How Cold Love Is” by Fontaines D.C. (me)